Thursday, July 12, 2007

Summer doldrums

I know I'm a little behind in posting. Last week I got a fair bit of flying in, but was also busy around the house, so I didn't get to any blogging. Next week I'm away on vacation, so I thought I'd pop in with a quick note.
The big news for me is that I purchase Vancouver+ for FS This is really big news for me, because I'm very frugal with addons, this being only the second scenery I ever paid for. It's a pretty nice package, and I really should be gracing this post with lots of nice pictures. However, I haven't made time for much screen grabbing. One word of caution: this package is pretty demanding on the hardware, for example, with my mere one gig of RAM I have lots of trouble with the urban areas. But the country is just beautiful. Here's a link to a shot I took showing a comparison to a real world view, and I think it is quite impressive. I'm also a little proud of the shot, because it takes a bit of work to do something like this, to get the location and perspective just right. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty darn good.

Last night was Flying Night, but it turned out to be a dissatisfying experience. I think I've got too many new things going on, and even though I tried to stick to one situation for a while, I felt distracted and un-immersed. I think I'll try to squeeze in a half hour or so of pattern flying tonight, if I can, since that usually brings the joy back.

No comments: