Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My non-flying To Do list

A few posts back I gave a To Do list. This consisted of flying tasks-- flights I'd like to take, aircraft I'd like to master, etc. It occured to me that I also have quite a long list of things I want to try that do not directly involve flying. Here's the list off the top of my head (I'm sure I'll forget a few). These have been tugging on my mind, but I am resisting them. I don't have time enough to fly as much as I'd like to, so I really shouldn't let myself get dragged into these things. But still...
So here's the list.

* Scenery design. I've really been itching to make my hometown airport in the sim look like the real thing. I want to do this for both the modern and the Golden Wings versions of the simulator (there's not much difference between the two). This one has the potential of being a huge time sink.

* Repaints. Some simmers are obsessed with paint schemes, either in aquiring or actually creating them. I think I'd like to play around a bit, just for fun. Maybe something silly, just for the kick of seeing my own design flying around in the sim.

* Weather. OK, this one sort of concerns actual flying. I'd like to play around with the weather editor and see what I can do with it.

* Screenshot editing. I love to take and share screenshots. I've done some modest editing work in the Gimp and with Irfanview, but I've only scratched the surface.

* And, of course, reading classic aviation books.

No comments: