Thursday, June 22, 2006

New toy, I mean, tool


There's a fantastic new update to one of my favorite freeware airplanes, the Aero Commander by Milton Shupe and his team. I love to fly this plane. A great cruising airplane, but also good for short takeoffs and landings for bush flying fun. I've played with it a bit, but now its time to get serious. I'm contemplating a series of cross-country trips in this bird, doing some actual instrument flying (as opposed to "point south until you see the other airport" kind of flying I usually do). Tonight (Thursday! Flying Night!) I plan on taking off at KSEA (that's the good old default airport, in Seattle) and heading to British Columbia. My ultimate goal is Alaska, but that's going to take a while.

I guess the DC3 going to have to sit in the hangar for now.

No comments: